Article

SMALL SCALE LABORATORY CULTURE METHOD PRODUCTION AND CHARACTERIZATION OF L-GLUTAMIC ACID BY E.COLI
V. Asha , G. Tulja Rani, N.L.Mohammed , A. Mahipal, Ch. Naresh

Details

Author

V. Asha

ISSN

2319-5622

DOI

doi.org/10.46978/jpr.20.9.8.1

Published on

Aug 05, 2020

Abstract

L Glutamic acid is one of the major amino acid produced by microbial fermentation provides 90% of world’s total demand, and remaining 10% is met through chemical methods. It is the principal excitatory neurotransmitter in the brain and an important intermediate in metabolism. Present paper discuss the small scale laboratory culture method for production of glutamic acid. It was carried out by submerged fermentation technique where three different production media was prepared, sterilized, inoculated with the 24 hrs freshly prepared culture of E.coli. Production media was optimized with the selection of suitable carbon , nitrogen, minerals, vitamins, dyes which were required for the development of bacterial cells. Production medium was adjusted to pH7.0 with 1N HCl or 1N NaOH, kept in an orbital incubator shaker at 30°C at 120 rpm for 48 hr. End of the fermentation the cells and debris were removed by centrifugation at 10,000 rpm for 10 mts and supernatant solution was subjected to filtration. The filtrate was collected and dried to get the dry powder of glutamic acid. Progressive results and maximum yield of L- glutamic acid obtained with medium three and it was conformed with both chemical and analytical tests. L-glutamic acid produced by medium three showed positive results for ninhydrin and proved conformed result with xanthoproteic Test, UV spectroscopy and IR spectroscopy. This method can be applied in daily laboratory intended applications and these studies can be further extended for development of industrial techniques.

Keywords

L Glutamic acid , E.COLI, fermentation, centrifugation

Editors-in-Chief


Editors


Upcoming Conferences


Indexing/Listing


Recent Articles

Determination of Phytoconstituents & antioxidant Potential of extracts of fruit of Fragaria Vesca
Jeevan Menaria* Jeevan Menaria*
Published on: Sep 19, 2020
Cannabinoid Receptor 1: Allosteric Modulation and its Therapeutic Potential
Debra A. Kendall* Debra A. Kendall*
Published on: Aug 26, 2020
CATALYTIC SYNTHESIS OF TRIAZOLES AND TETRAZOLES BY COPPER TRIFLATE UNDER MICROWAVE IRRADIATION AND TO EVALUATE THEIR BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITIES
K. Rama Devi* K. Rama Devi*
Published on: Aug 05, 2020
SMALL SCALE LABORATORY CULTURE METHOD PRODUCTION AND CHARACTERIZATION OF L-GLUTAMIC ACID BY E.COLI
Ranjani V. Asha
Published on: Aug 05, 2020